Chimneys are essential to keep our kitchen sparkling clean. It is proven that the kitchen should be well ventilated to keep the heat and odor away for healthy cooking.
With the increase in Urbanisation and change in the designing pattern of houses from traditional to apartment-style houses, ventilation of houses is also decreasing.
Now, the question is how can we get rid of that heat, dirt, and odor from our kitchen? So the answer to this kitchen is the Installation of Kitchen Chimneys.
Kitchen chimneys can help us get rid of excess heat, dirt and odors to keep our kitchen well ventilated and squeaky-clean. Every modular kitchen needs a kitchen chimney to be fully completed. Also, check our Best 2 burner Gas Stove that works perfectly with these kitchen chimney.
Factors that should be kept in mind while selecting a kitchen chimney:
Size: Usually kitchen chimneys are available in two sizes- 60 cm and 90 cm. For 2 to 4 burner stove, 60 cm is suitable whereas for 3 to 5 burner stove 90 cm is suitable.
Suction: The average suction power recommended for Indian kitchens if of 1200m3/hr.
Noise level: the most standard noise level with regard to Kitchen chimneys is 58 dB.
Cleanliness: there are so many kitchen chimneys available in the market. While some kitchen chimneys come with Auto-clean features, others don’t. Kitchen chimneys with auto-clean features are expensive as compared to others.
This model by Elicia is a bestseller in India. Elicia has manufactured this chimney with due care and efforts keeping in mind the problems of Indian households.
This chimney is 60cm in size with a high suction capacity of 1425 m3/hr which is good for a kitchen size of more than 200 sq ft and heavy frying and grilling food.
With a Black matte finish and elegant design, this chimney will add an extra charm to your kitchen interior. This chimney comes with an enhanced look of curved glass.
This chimney works on a ‘heat auto clean mechanism’ so you don’t have to put any extra efforts to clean the chimney. Just press the button and the sticky oil particles inside the chimney will be collected in the oil collector tray.
It is preloaded with motion sensors that enable process with just a wave of the hand. To turn on the chimney you have to wave your hand right and continue waving to increase the speed. Left wave to increase the speed and finally turns it off.
Preloaded with 2 baffle filters, it enhances the utility by eliminating greasy things and unhealthy smoke from the kitchen to keep the kitchen clean. This chimney is loaded with so many premium features making it the best kitchen chimney in India.
- The suction power of 1425 m3/hr
- Heat auto clean mechanism
- 2 baffle filters
- 2 LED lamps for enhanced lighting
- Black matte finish and elegant curved glass design
- Touch panel for operations
- Stainless steel oil collector
- Too noisy
- No free installation
2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Best Kitchen Chimney in India (Nevio 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Steel/Grey)
Hindware is a well-known brand for providing kitchen chimneys. Its steel grey color will provide a stylish look to your kitchen.
This chimney ais also a thermal auto clean chimney that comes with a powerful metallic blower. It is 60cm in size and comes with suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr
It has 2 LED lamps for wider illumination making it easy to view countertops. It also has one-touch controls on the front panel of the chimney for easy access.
Its baffle filter is made up of stainless steel which is suitable for Indian kitchens and provides durability.
- High suction capacity
- 2 Led lamps for high illumination
- Stainless steel Baffle filter
- High noise
- Complaints of rusting of metal oil collector
3. Faber 60 cm 1200 m3/h Filterless Autoclean Best Kitchen Chimney in India (Hood Orient TC BK 60, Black)
This kitchen chimney is 60cm in size which is suitable for 2-4 burners stove. It has a suction capacity of 1200m3/hr. it is a filterless kitchen chimney that ensures cleaning through airflow angle instead of a separate filter which makes its maintenance cost very less. Featured with heat auto clean technology this kitchen chimney is curved glass type.
It has 2 led lamps on each corner of the chimney for better lighting. It has a touch control panel for operations. The company claims that this chimney has a lesser noise level for that calm environment in your kitchen.
- Filterless technology
- Powerful motor
- Stylish design
- Less noise
- Led lights are not so bright as compared to other chimneys
4. Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Best Kitchen Chimney in India (Hood Classy HC BK 90, Black)
This kitchen chimney is from the brand Eurodomo which is 90 cm in size that makes it ideal for a 3-5 burner stove. It has a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr, suitable for heavy frying, grilling. Stainless steel Baffle filter is suitable for Indian kitchen. It works on heat auto-clean technology.
This premium black finish chimney has tempered glass that provide an extra charm to your kitchen interior. It has a touch control panel.
- Classy design
- Less noise level
- No free installation
5. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Best Kitchen Chimney in India (Sabina Black 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Black
This is another model of kitchen chimney by Hindware. This is 60cm in size which is suitable for a 2-3 burner stove. With its 200W powerful motor, it has a suction capacity of 11 m3/hr which is quite good for normal cooking activities.
It is a compact design beautifully designed for enhancing the look of your kitchen. It is black in color and has a glass hood giving an elegant touch to it.
The chimney is controlled with push buttons. It has stainless steel Baffle filters to settle oil and collect other residues. Equipped with 2 LED lamps it provides large illumination.
- Less power consumption
- Elegant glass look
- Low suction capacity
- Poor installation service by Hindware
6. Seavy 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Best Kitchen Chimney in India with Free Installation Kit
This kitchen chimney from Seavy is 60cm in size making it suitable for kitchen greater than 200 sq. ft. It is apt for heavy grilling and frying. This chimney is steel grey in color having a curved glass hood with a black steel finish. It operated with 3-speed soft-touch digital control.
It works on an advanced heat auto clean technology helping in removing oil and other residues. The noise is less with a maximum voice level of 58dB.
It is equipped with 2 stainless steel baffle filters which are detachable. It also has a detachable steel oil collector cup. It also has 2 energy-efficient LED lights. Its powerful suction, concealed motor, and elegant design makes it one of the best kitchen chimney.
- 2 Stainless steel baffle filter
- Powerful motor
- Elegant design
- Affordable price
- Lil noisy
7. Inalsa 60 cm, 1050 m³/hr Pyramid Best Kitchen Chimney in India Classica 60BKBF with SS Baffle Filter
This kitchen chimney is 60 cm in size which is suitable for a 2-4 burner stove. It comes with a suction capacity of 1050 m3/hr.
This kitchen chimney has a pyramid style and is compact in style. Its black powder-coated finish makes it look nice. It comes with 3-speed settings and 2 Led lamps.
The maximum noise level is 65 dB. It has a warranty period of 7 years on motor and 2 years on product. Equipped with 2 stainless steel baffle filter and has a push control panel.
- Good suction power for simple cooking
- Bright lamps
- Too noisy
Types of Kitchen Chimney:
Wall Mounted Kitchen Chimneys: Indian kitchens normally have gas stoves on a slab against the wall. So to suit this type of kitchen, wall mounted kitchen chimneys are best. The wall-mounted chimney is installed against the wall to get rid of all the excess dirt and heat from the kitchen.
Straight-line chimney: Kitchen with very little space where a wall mounted kitchen chimneys are not easy to install, there come Straight line Chimneys to rescue. These kitchen chimneys are specifically designed to fit in a kitchen with less room. This type of chimneys is very efficient in drawing smoke from all corners of the kitchen. This type of kitchen chimneys comes with removable filters that are easy to clean.
Pyramid chimneys: If you are worried about electricity bills, then this chimney is best for you. These chimneys come with baffle filters that are very energy efficient.
Finding the best kitchen chimney in India is a bit difficult as lots of brands with a lot of models are available in the market. So to ease your difficulty level, we have analyzed some of the best kitchen chimneys in India by reviewing consumers’ feedback.
How to choose the best kitchen chimney in India that fits your needs?
Selecting a kitchen chimney is a difficult procedure. Before buying a kitchen chimney one should know how it works.
Types of filters used in Kitchen Chimneys:
Different types of kitchen chimneys come with different types of filters based on their technology, price, and other factors. Some of the chimney filters are described as follows:
Cassette Filters (also known as Mesh Filters): Mesh filters are made up of multiple layers of aluminum mesh to trap the solid particles while letting the smoke to escape. Cassette filters catch oil, dirt, and grease particles from smoke. These types of filters require to be cleaned from time to time so that its suction capacity works to the maximum. If not cleaned frequently, filters get blockages, and hence, the suction will not work properly. So they require High maintenance.
- Cheaper than other filters.
- Lightweight hence easy to detach from the chimney for cleaning purposes.
- Oil and greasy particles easily block the filters and Hence, need to be cleaned every 2 or 3 days for better working.
- Cassette filters are noisy than baffle filters as they prevent easy airflow within it for better working.
Baffle Filters: Indian cooking is a bit different from western culture. A lot of oil and grease particles emerge while cooking. Most of the Indian kitchen chimneys come with baffle filters. Baffle filters are made up of multiple stainless steel curved panels. They work 30% better than Aluminium filters according to Researchers.
Curves in stainless steel panels catch oil and grease particles better. They require to be cleaned every 1-2 months for better working. Baffle filters are expensive in comparison to Mesh filters and hence they increase the price of kitchen chimneys as well.
Also, nowadays Kitchen chimneys come with detachable filters which make it easier to clean at home without spending extra on any technician.
- Easy to clean and maintain than baffle filters. They are also dishwasher friendly.
- More durable than cassette filters and they required to be cleaned within a month or two depending on the use.
- Baffle filters fit perfectly to the Indian kitchen with lots of masala food cooking. This type of filter is easily available.
- Baffle filters are efficient in suction capacity and hence allow improved airflow.
- Baffle filters are a little heavier than cassette filters which make it a little difficult to detach from kitchen chimneys while cleaning.
- Baffle filters are expensive than Cassette filters.
Charcoal Filters (also known as carbon filters): Charcoal filters are made up of charcoal slate with little holes inside it. The holes present in the slate absorb oil and grease particles. This type of filter needs a replacement after 6 months of regular use as it is not washable. This type of filter is widely used in India considering Indian cooking. This type of filter absorbs all the odor from the kitchen. They can be used in both duct and ductless chimneys.
- Carbon filters are very efficient for Indian kitchens as they are fitted along with Cassette or baffle filters.
- Carbon filters are not washable and hence they are required to be replaced within 4-6 months depending upon the usage. Replacement of carbon filters adds an extra burden to the pockets.
Cleaning of Chimney Filters:
Chimney filters absorb lots of dirt and greasy particles that block the holes in it and ultimately reduce its efficiency. Thus, it is better to clean chimney filters once in 3-4 weeks depending upon the usage.
Baffle filters are much easier to clean than Cassette filters. Mesh or Cassette filters need to be frequently cleaned as compared to Baffle filters.
Cleaning baffle filters at home is not that difficult if you are ready to give it some time. Chimney filters can be cleaned using simple kitchen ingredients at home like soda, caustic soda, vinegar, lemon, hot water, thinner.
With hot water, the greasy and oil dirt particles will easily come out after losing the stickiness from the filters.
The basics steps you need to follow for cleaning filters are as follows:
- Take a tub or other container with hot water in it.
- Pour 2-4 spoons of baking soda, salt, and squeeze some lemon in it.
- Leave the filters dipped in this water solution for 2 to 3 hours.
- The grease and oil particles will lose their stickiness over this period of time which make it easy to come out.
- Scrub it using a mild detergent solution and after washing it, keep it sun for drying naturally.
- You can also add caustic soda to the water solution and then let filters dipped in it for 2-3 hours and scrub it after, if necessary, and sundry it.
The suction power of Chimneys:
The kitchen chimneys work on the techniques of suction of air from the kitchen. So it is important to consider the suction capacity while buying a kitchen chimney.
Normally, a kitchen chimney that can extract 10 times the volume of air in your kitchen is considered good. Higher the suction power, better the chimney.
Kitchen in India are usually small with around length x breadth x-height of 4x4x3. Hence, the volume of the kitchen comes to 48 cubic meters. (It should be noted that the suction capacity of kitchen chimneys are calculated in cubic meters).
Thus the best kitchen chimney that suits this size of the kitchen is one that has a suction power of 480 cubic meters.
Ducted and Ductless range hood:
While deciding to install the kitchen chimney in your kitchen, you also need to select the type of range good you wish to install in your kitchen.
There are so many options available in the market with duct and ductless range hoods. So considering the performance and setup of your kitchen, you need to take an informed and wise decision.
Before understanding the difference between Ducted and ductless range hoods, we need to understand what is range hood?
What is Range hood?
The range hood is, also known as exhaust hood or vent hood, is an enclosure over your cooking area that uses a fan to suck in smoke, steam, odor dirt and other particles evolved while cooking.
They provide additional ventilation to other dirt particles in the air around the area and that is evolving out of the burning stove and through them away from you providing you with a cleaner kitchen.
This protects your kitchen from that greasy and smokey dirt built up in your kitchen over the ceilings, walls, and tiles providing you a cleaner and hygienic kitchen. It also absorbs all the odor of the food from the kitchen and protects it from spreading in other parts of the house
What are ducted Range Hoods?
Ducted range hoods are quite common, and are connected with a duct using a pipe that extracts the smoke and other greasy and dirt particles out of the kitchen.
Although this type of range hoods can not be installed in every kitchen for the fact that these vent hoods need to be able to move the air out of the kitchen.
For installing the duct hood, you need to have a proper installation of ducts to move dirty air and smoke out of the kitchen.
This type of vent hoods are usually installed in restaurants and other commercial kitchens but depending on the kitchen and your cooking habits, you can opt for this type of hood.
- Many users claim that they are more efficient than ductless range hoods. Industry test results show that it is 30% more efficient than ductless range hoods as instead of recirculation of air, they vent the smoke out of your kitchen.
- Widely used in a commercial kitchen and home kitchen with a larger range that tends to have evolved more smoke, dirt, and fumes that needs to be vented out.
- Ducted range hoods can be installed in only those kitchens having vent to the exterior of your home as it is designed to vent out the smoke, dirt and other greasy particles out of your kitchen.
What are Ductless range Hoods?
Ductless range hoods are easy to install in almost every type of kitchen. Ductless range hoods work on recirculation of the air process. They don’t have any duct and hence there is no need to vent to the exterior of your home.
They work in a style by sucking the air in and then filtering it and then blowing it back into your kitchen.
This type of Rangehood mostly contains carbon or charcoal filters that absorb the dirt particles, smoke, and odor from the air, which then can be recirculated back in your kitchen in a cleaner form.
Charcoal or carbon filters are required to be replaced twice or thrice a year for better performance and efficient working of the ductless range hoods
- Ductless range hoods are easy to install in almost every type of kitchen as it does not need to vent on the exterior of your home.
- More convenient than ducted vent hoods at least in regard to the installation process.
- Many ductless chimneys come with features to turn on and off on the detection of smoke or odors.
- The ductless hood is less efficient than ducted chimneys as they merely recirculate the air after filtration.
- Air filters need to be replaced twice or thrice a year thus, increasing the maintenance cost in your pockets.