Being staple food, rice is consumed in very large quantities in India. In South India, it is consumed on a daily basis whereas in North India also the consumption is very high.
Some eat more some eat less but it is an important part of every Indian household. That’s why it is very important to select best rice cooker for your home.
There are so many rice dishes like biryani, pulao, fried rice. Apart from this other rice dishes include Pongal, kheer, idli, etc.
Nowadays with the advancement of technology and change in living patterns, many new electronic rice cookers have entered the market making the lives of people easy with hassle-free cooking.
Electronic Rice cookers are easy to use and save time. They serve other cooking purposes also. Apart from Rice dishes you can cook other dishes like momos, modaks, boil vegetables, pasta, boil an egg, porridge, etc.
Hereafter carefully analyzing and reviewing, we have listed 11 best Rice cooker In India which are as following:
This rice cooker by prestige is one of the best rice cookers available in India. Prestige is known for making high-quality kitchen appliances. This electric rice cooker comes with 2 aluminum cooking pans. This cooker is white in color and has a floral design on it.
Although the name refers to it as a rice cooker, you can cook porridge, soup, stew, idlis, steam vegetables, momos. It can cook up to 1 kg of raw rice. The cooker comes with a measuring cup, rice scoop. It has a double-wall body and cool-touch handles which make it easy to carry the cooker
- Voltage 230 V, watt: 700 W
- warranty: 1 year
- The capacity of cooking 1 kg of rice
- Weight : 2.31 kg
- Two cooking aluminum pans
- Detachable power cord
- Stainless steel lid
- Keep warm mode
- Value for money
- Warm mode
- Hassle-free cooking.
- Complaints of some rice sticking to the base.
2. Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Pot
This electric cooker comes with so many features that make it the best rice cooker in India. This rice cooker has an easy touch control LCD panel with 9 in 1 cooking functions and 14 preset programs. It has an extra-wide steam handle to keep hands away from steam release.
This electric cooker is multi-pot which means you can use it for various cooking purposes. It comes with a 3-quart stainless steel inner pot, stainless steel steamer basket, and trivet. It also includes a spare silicone gasket. It has safety locking lids and smart safety sensors to protect you from any accidental damage.
- 9 in 1 functions
- 14 preset programs
- Extra-wide steam handle for safety
- Multi pot for cooking more
- Safety locking lids and safety sensors
- Power rating 220V/ 50Hz
- Free Mealthy app for recipes, ideas, and other related videos.
- Advanced multi-pot with 14 preset functions
- Can cook 2 dishes at a time
- Safety functions
- Multi-use pot like pressure cook, saute, rice cooker, slow cook, etc
- May Not available in every part of India
3. Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Best Rice Cooker in India
This electric rice cooker by Bajaj has a capacity of 1.8 liters. Easy to use and can be used for multi-purpose cooking this electric rice cooker provides you with the best of its usages. You just have to put the right quantity of rice you want to cook with adequate water and the rest can be taken care of.
- 1.8 liters capacity to cook up to 1 kg of raw rice.
- It comes with an aluminium cooking bowl with anodized finish.
- Operating voltage of 230 Volts with a power usage of 550 watts.
- It comes with a detachable power cord.
- Electricity saver
- Warranty is of 2 years
- Aluminium cooking bowl
- Economical price
- No warm mode
4. Butterfly Wave 1.2-Litre Multi Best Rice Cooker in India (Silver with Black)
Butterfly offers this electric cooker which is a multi-cooker and has a capacity of 1.2 liters. Its wider mouth makes it easy to use and clean. It has a durable elegant stainless body. Tou can cook rice tea, soup, pasta, boil egg, etc.
- See-through the transparent lid
- Capacity 1.2 liters
- Auto switch-off
- 1 year on product
- Operating voltage 230V /50Hz, power usage 600 watts
- Temperature control knob
- Multi-purpose cooking
- Egg boiler tray
- Auto Cut off
- Small wire
- Less capacity
5. Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 660-Watt Automatic Electric Best Rice Cooker in India with 4.4 Litre
This electric cooker from Panasonic is great for Pulao and Biryani. You can treat your friends and family with delicious food with hassle-free cooking by having this Panasonic electric rice cooker at home. This automatic electric rice cooker which you can also call a multi-cooker has a very large capacity of 1.8 liters which makes it good for a family.
- Keep warm option
- Nonstick cooking pan
- Heatproof bridge handles
- 1.8 L capacity to cook up to 1 kg of rice
- Auto cooking option
- Warranty of 2 years
- 4 hours keep warm option
- Energy efficient
- The powerful motor of 660 W
- Multi-purpose cooking like pasta, momos, rice, pulao, biryani, etc
- Non-stick pan is not of high quality
- No timer function
6. Upscale Smart Best Rice Cooker in India 5L Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi Cooker
You can cook your favorite dishes with an upscale smart rice cooker. This smart rice cooker is loaded with so many advanced features and multi-menu cook functions making it the best smart multi cooker.
Now you can cook different types of rice whether long grain, brown rice, white rice or pearl rice with various functions available. This is one of the best-advanced rice cookers available in India.
- Multi-menu cooking functions with 16 digital cooking functions
- 2 mm thick non-stick coating inner pot
- 10 cup uncooked rice capacity
- Digital LED display and touch control panel
- Safety Steam pressure release point
- Multi-purpose cooking like pasta, stew, steamer, yogurt making, pressure cooker
- Can cook various quantities in one pot preserving its nutrient value and original flavour
- 5L ultra capacity for large families
- 6 step processor for different variety of food
- High-quality non-stick pan
- Elegant design with LED display and touch panel
- Does not come with the user manual
7. Geek Robocook Automatic 8 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker with 11 in 1 Function
Geek robocook Automatic electric cooker is designed to prepare all kinds of breakfast dishes like Pongal, idlis, sambhar, biryani, pulao, pulses, etc. it is preloaded with 11 preset functions. It is super safe with 11 safety guards. Its advanced digital display panel makes it easier to use.
- 11 preset menus
- Digital time control
- Non-stick pot
- 8L capacity
- All in one – baking, sauteing, steaming, stewing, frying, etc.
- Efficient fast cooking
- Safe and programmable intelligent cooking
- Suitable for a large family
- Controls are not easy to use
8. Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Liter Electric Pressure Cooker (Black)
This 5 in 1 cooker by Preethi is advance in technology. This is a multi-functional electric cooker that can perform functions like saute, steam, warming and pressure cooker. Built with nutri++ technology, it ensures healthy cooking. Its water level indicator ensures uniform cooking.
- 15 pre-programmed Indian recipes like khichdi, biryani, rice, dal, rajma, soup, gajar halwa, etc.
- 9 safety levels to control and limit the temperature
- Both open and closed cooking
- Pre-programmed Indian recipes
- Nutri++ for healthy cooking
- Not suitable for a small family
9. Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Liters Electric Best Rice Cooker in India and Steamer (Black)
If you are a big fan of Indian cooking then this rice cooker is good for you as it has Indian auto cooking functions. It has a non-stick inner pro which is easy to clean and spillover prevention vent. With a capacity of 1.8 liters, it is good for a small family.
- 15 hours preset timer and 12 hours warm function
- High capacity of 1.8 liters
- Warranty of 1 year
- Power usage of 650 watts with an operating voltage of 230 volts
- 15 hours Preset timers and temperatures with alarm functions
- 12 hours Keep Warm option
- Stainless steel body
- Inner pot quality not as per expectations
- Lil expensive
10. Wonderchef Prato Electric Best Rice Cooker in India & Steamer 1L - 400W
Wonderchef claims that its products are inspired by Italian design with german quality standards. It can be used for steaming modaks, momos, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs very effortlessly using steamer attachment. It comes with a tempered glass lid for see-through cooking.
- Steamer attachment for steaming purposes
- The removable non-stick inner pot
- Keep warm function
- Extra thermostat for protection against fuse and heating plate
- Capacity of 1L
- Operating power 400 W
- Warranty of 2 years
- Steamer attachment thermostat protection
- No timer functions
11. Panasonic SR-WA10 ge9 Automatic Electric Best Rice Cooker in India (Burgundy)
This automatic rice cooker comes in a burgundy color. It has a total volume of 2.7 Litres with a raw capacity of 0.5 liters. It has a stainless steel lid. It has an anodized aluminum pan.
- Auto cut off
- Stainless steel lid
- The raw capacity of 0.5 Litres
- Operating power 450 watts
- Automatic cooking
- Good quality product
- Beautiful color
- Good for hostel students and nuclear family
- High cooking time as compared to other cookers.
Why should one have a rice cooker?
It is easy to use and you can effortlessly cook different type of rice dishes in it
For a Hostel student or Paying guest, where Good food is like a dream come true, you can cook your own rice and other dishes easily in an electric rice cooker
It saves time when all the gas burners on your stove are busy making other dishes, you can use Rice cooker for that effortless cooking of Rice.
Some rice cookers or Hot Pot is very advanced in technology. Some come with auto cut technology so you don’t have to worry about burning rice. Some rice cookers feature temperature and Keep Warm options.
You can also cook other delicious food items in it.
Types of electric cookers:
Electric rice cookers have evolved over time with the development of technology. Based on that, the types of rice cookers are as follows:
1.Standard rice cooker:
This type of rice cooker is easy to handle and operate. One has to add water and rice inadequate quality to it and then switch on the button. Once the cooking is done, it will automatically switch to warming mode.
The thermal sensor in the rice cooker works in such a way that it can detect when all the water has evaporated or absorbed and then turns off the cooking.
Most common features are:
- Simple to operate and easy to clean.
- Come in different sizes.
- Detachable power cord.
- Thermal sensor for auto-switch to warm mode.
2.Improved rice cooker:
It is an improved version of the standard rice cooker with few new features adding to it. You can do a little more things with an improved rice cooker, unlike a standard rice cooker.
They usually come with two or more cooking options to cook different types of dishes. Different types of features like steam adding the feature, digital timer, and additional warming options are quite common in these types of electric cookers.
Most common features are:
- It is easy to operate. Just add water and rice and then start the button.
- Come in different sizes
- It comes with detachable cord
- Most improved rice cookers come with a delay timer, steam feature, and digital panels.
- It usually comes with a non-stick pan which is easy to clean.
- Auto switch to warming mode when cooking is done.
3.Multifunction Rice cooker:
As the name suggests, this type of cooker is known for multi-function. Multi-function rice cookers are versatile, having lots of cooking options to choose from. It usually has a digital display panel and lots of pre-loaded options for cooking in it.
This works on advanced technology and is expensive than the above two types of electric cookers. The sales of this type of rice cooker continue to grow each year. Multi-function rice cookers usually come with extended warming features and reheat options.
Most common features are:
- Easy clean up with a non-stick pan
- LCD panel with timer and other controls
- Detachable lid
- Can prepare steam rice, brown rice, sushi, momos, idli, porridge, etc
- Comes in different sizes
- Extended warming feature and reheat feature. Some multifunction cooker even has preset timer options of 5-6 hours.
4.Induction heat rice cooker:
This is the most advanced version of above all the rice cookers. This type of rice cooker is definitely the best rice cooker in India in terms of the market place. Induction rice cookers are one of the high tech technology used in cooking. A normal rice cooker produces heat to the inner pot for cooking through thermal induction.
Whereas Induction rice cookers work on the magnetic field produced by it that heat the pot evenly and quickly for better cooking. The rice cooked by this cooker is better than cooked in other rice cookers.
The induction rice cooker is a high-tech piece of art that can perform many other functions apart from cooking rice. Many other pre-set menus are loaded in this type of cooker for cooking different types of dishes. Induction rice cookers come with many other features like preset timers, extended warm mode, etc.
These types of rice cookers are much expensive and use more power than other cookers.
Most common features are:
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Comes with features like pre-set timers, extended warm mode
- Digital LCD control panel with temperature options
- Some of the induction cookers come with a pre-set menu option for cooking different types of dishes.
- Cook better rice with even heat produced
- Digital and multifunctional control pads
- Expensive and high energy consumption
Best Rice Cooker in India- Buying Guide:
Before buying a rice cooker one must look into the following factors to be considered:
you should know the consumption capacity of your household before buying a rice cooker. The cooking capacity should be enough to serve every person in your household.
Considering your guests and get together you can even go for a little bit high cooking capacity than your household capacity. A cooker with a capacity of 3-4 liters can serve a family of 5-6 persons.
Following are some features one can look into before buying a rice cooker:
Warm mode: this option is very important for any rice cooker as it helps in maintaining the cooked rice warm for some hours after cooking.
Timer: this feature will let you anticipate the time when the rice is cooked.
Reheat cycle: this feature lets you reheating of your rice within 5 to 10 minutes.
Auto cut-off: this feature prevents your rice from burning once the cooking is done by automatically switching off the process.
Digital control panel: this lets you see the temperature and timer options for easy cooking.
Before looking for any rice cooker you must know your budget as it makes it easy to not be tempted by high tech options outside your budget. After deciding the budget you can easily look for different options of rice cookers on your budget.
Easy to clean-
This is an important feature as an electric appliance is not easy to handle. A rice cooker that is easy to clean can be handled easily.
Safety and design-
A cooker should be designed in a way to provide you utmost safety from electric shock as well as the heat produced. A cool-touch handle is a must in a rice cooker to protect any accidental damage.